I usually don’t bother replying to critics, but I just read an interesting review of my book on Amazon and I thought I’d shoot a quick video response. This one’s for Penny…
Category Archives: Internet Marketing
If you’re waiting for the perfect moment before you launch – the moment when you know everything is just perfect, and all the stars are aligned… then there’s only one thing you’re going to guarantee: your FAILURE.
That’s what this week’s video is all about…
Lots of time when people start a new business, they spend a lot of time doing things they shouldn’t be doing. They worry about things they shouldn’t be worrying about. They prioritize the wrong things and do stuff out of order. But this isn’t rocket science – there are really only two big things you need to focus on…
My first “branding vs. direct marketing” had lots of comments and questions – here’s part 2 with all my answers – including how you can create a brand that connects with your customers and prospects.
Please scroll down, leave a comment and tell me what you think.
Authenticity builds your business by building a connection with your future customers. (Click to tweet.)
The easiest way to get your brand right is just to be as authentic as you can. (Click to tweet.)
How to create a brand that connects with your customers and prospects… (Click to tweet.)
Here are some marketing lessons from the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego… and branding for direct marketers (like you and me).
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.
Some marketing lessons from the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego… (Click to tweet.)
In your business, every single thing you do is part of your brand. (Click to tweet.)
I recently asked my followers what their biggest business challenges were. They shared a LOT of their struggles and questions. I answered five of them in this video…
I got thousands of responses to this survey… from real newbies to folks with some pretty serious marketing chops. Here are some of the challenges they’re facing, along with my perspective:
1. You want to create your own marketing assets but feel you don’t have the time or resources… You need to treat yourself like your own client: carve out the time and commit to creating something. Say to yourself, “I’m going to commit to this because I want to change my life.” (Your commitment comes before confidence, before you’re “ready.”)
2. You’re not sure how to transform your large social media following into an email-based following… Begin moving them over NOW, by creating some kind of super-valuable lead magnet that pulls them to an opt-in page where you can get their email address. (You won’t be able to convert all of them, but every one you DO convert will be worth a lot more to you.)
3. You need free targeted traffic… Actually, you need targeted traffic, period. Whether it’s free or paid just depends on the math. Your real job is to get your conversions high enough to bring in traffic from a variety of sources (including paid traffic).
4. You want to stand out by delivering great content to your market and respecting them – and you’re offended by how poorly so many other marketers treat their customers… You shouldn’t worry about what others are doing – do something great yourself. You can be the one who sets the bar higher… and if others do a terrible job, it will just make you look that much better.
5. You lack the resources to do a pro-level video series for your launches… You don’t need to have pro gear to shoot your videos – and you shouldn’t wait until you do. Your smartphone camera is plenty good enough to use to help launch your product or service. (I started off about as low-tech as you can go… I made millions in sales like that.) Just work with what you have – and get started today.
Scroll down, leave a comment and tell me what you think…
Treat yourself like your own client: carve out the time and commit to creating something. (Click to tweet.)
People only remember your successes… not the failures that led up to them. (Click to tweet.)
Don't worry about what others are doing – do something great yourself. (Click to tweet.)
You don't need pro gear to shoot your videos. Work with what you have – and get started today. (Click to tweet.)
Casey Neistat is a super-successful YouTuber who just sold his business to CNN for $25 million… here’s why a company like CNN would pay that kind of money for his business.
It’s easy to look at other successful businesses… and draw the wrong conclusions and comparisons to your business. Here’s a better way to look at it…