I am so humbled by all the amazing entries in our PLF video contest.
It was really hard to choose a winner, and I wound up reaching out to my team and my followers (ie, you) for help narrowing it down.
And instead of three winners, I ended up picking four of them.
It’s so cool to see these PLF success stories. And really, everyone who entered a video in the contest is a big winner – for taking action, for building a business, and for making an impact in the world.
But we had to pick our winners, so here we go:
Tied for third is Pat Gillis. Her launch helped fill all the spots in her horse riding course (and her clients wound up traveling through a snowstorm just to attend her training):
Also in third is Karolina Westlund. She’s a biologist who helps people have better relationships with their pets (and she converted her skeptical husband into a believer!).
Second place (and it was REALLY neck-and-neck for first place) is Sage Lavine. She’s a former school teacher who helps female entrepreneurs build their businesses. Her first PLF launch brought in 300 clients.
Pat, Karolina, and Sage will each receive a free ticket to my LaunchCon event, a VIP upgrade at LaunchCon, and a free upgrade to the next version of PLF.
First place is Patricia Lohan, who is living the #launchlife in beautiful Bali. She teaches Feng Shui, and with a single launch she made three times her previous yearly salary:
Patricia wins an iPad Pro, a 1-on-1 consultation with me, a free ticket to my LaunchCon event, a VIP upgrade at LaunchCon, and a free upgrade to the next version of PLF.
Thanks to everyone who submitted a video. My team and I will be in touch with the winners very soon!
And please leave a comment below and congratulate our winners!
I’ve seen a lot of people work really hard to build a business that makes them miserable (rather than giving them a life of freedom and fulfillment). Here’s the question I ask to make sure I’m creating a business that gives me the life that I want…
I recently asked my followers what their biggest business challenges were. They shared a LOT of their struggles and questions. I answered five of them in this video…
I got thousands of responses to this survey… from real newbies to folks with some pretty serious marketing chops. Here are some of the challenges they’re facing, along with my perspective:
1. You want to create your own marketing assets but feel you don’t have the time or resources…You need to treat yourself like your own client: carve out the time and commit to creating something.Say to yourself, “I’m going to commit to this because I want to change my life.” (Your commitment comes before confidence, before you’re “ready.”)
2. You’re not sure how to transform your large social media following into an email-based following… Begin moving them over NOW, by creating some kind of super-valuable lead magnet that pulls them to an opt-in page where you can get their email address. (You won’t be able to convert all of them, but every one you DO convert will be worth a lot more to you.)
3. You need free targeted traffic… Actually, you need targeted traffic, period. Whether it’s free or paid just depends on the math. Your real job is to get your conversions high enough to bring in traffic from a variety of sources (including paid traffic).
4. You want to stand out by delivering great content to your market and respecting them – and you’re offended by how poorly so many other marketers treat their customers… You shouldn’t worry about what others are doing – do something great yourself. You can be the one who sets the bar higher… and if others do a terrible job, it will just make you look that much better.
5. You lack the resources to do a pro-level video series for your launches… You don’t need to have pro gear to shoot your videos – and you shouldn’t wait until you do. Your smartphone camera is plenty good enough to use to help launch your product or service. (I started off about as low-tech as you can go… I made millions in sales like that.) Just work with what you have – and get started today.
Scroll down, leave a comment and tell me what you think…
Treat yourself like your own client: carve out the time and commit to creating something. (Click to tweet.)
People only remember your successes… not the failures that led up to them. (Click to tweet.)
Don't worry about what others are doing – do something great yourself. (Click to tweet.)
You don't need pro gear to shoot your videos. Work with what you have – and get started today. (Click to tweet.)
Just about three years ago, I loaded up a selfie video to YouTube… and that was the real start of this channel. I shot the video in a moment of pure inspiration. I really wasn't giving much thought to what the future would hold.
But now here we are a million views later, and this is what we learned…
(The best part is that what we did is easily duplicatable. So if you're not already doing these things, you can start tomorrow.)
Please leave a comment below and tell me what you think…