Playing Hard With Richard Branson
I’ve found that one of the best ways to get to know someone is to play with them… to compete with them. I just spent four days playing tennis with Richard Branson, this is what I learned about him (and from him)…
Entrepreneurs and business owners rarely think twice about putting in the “overtime” to grow their businesses. But if you're going to continue to perform at a peak level over the long haul, you need to take care of yourself. In my opinion, if you're going to work hard, you need to play hard, too. Here's a quick 5-step approach to fun and play:
1. Make personal health your #1 priority. Without it, you can't build a business.
2. Schedule time for physical activity as part of your daily routine.
3. Choose an activity you enjoy… so you actually look forward to doing it. Positive addictions are good for you.
4. Always look for things to physically train for… events, big adventures, races, etc.
5. When you consider your business goals, consider the impact on the rest of your life. Don't give up your health, lifestyle, or relationships to advance your business.